For general project topics see PepperProjectTopics.
Specific project topics:
- Robot movement: Move according to the command - come closer to the user, follow a landmark, change focused user.
- Dialog about gender and face recognition: see ALFaceCharacteristics API, ALVoiceEmotionAnalysis and ALMood
- Dialog about learning human faces: see ALFaceDetection and ALUserSession
- Dialog about learning object images: see ALVisionRecognition
- Dialog about current news: fetch news headlines from internet (possibly via an API, e.g. newsapi.org) and discuss them. Language services may be advantageously used here.
- Dialog about weather: use an on-line weather api (e.g. openweathermap.org) to find out and discuss weather in various places and times. Language services may be advantageously used here.
- Game 20 questions: see Wikipedia, in Czech the game of "myslím si zvíře".
- Game Guess movie/song by sample: play a short sample of a (Czech) movie or a (Czech) song and ask people to guess the name or interpreter
- Dialog about making and presenting a photo/video/sound recording: see ALPhotoCapture, ALVideoRecorder and ALAudioRecorder (may include ALBarcodeReader)
- Dialog about robot animations: Pepper has about 400 animations installed which express various situations, emotions etc. In the dialog, the user should be able to ask Pepper to show any of them. Possibly can include adding special animations such as offering a hand or standing in posture for a selfie.
- Pepper presentator: robot obtains presentation slides with texts and presents them to the public. Robot accompanies the presentation with gestures and allows interruptions and continuation.
- Dialog with free recognition: the standard ALDialog allows recognition of only predefined words and word combinations. Google Speech API (or an alternative) can recognize any text, but a) it is free only for short samples, b) it imposes a delay between sending the audio over network to the service. The task here is to combine these two approaches in one application seamlessly.
- Dialog about celebtrities: robot should download information from Czech National Authorities portal (accessible also as linked data at https://autority.wikimedia.cz), process the most frequent names and be able to discuss the information about the respective celebrities.
Solved projects (may be advanced):
- Robot movement: (Vojtěch Kubín) Program robot to walk with human by hand.
- Game of Hangman/Šibenice (Tomáš Repák)
- Game Think of a number: (Markéta Ševelová) robot guesses the correct number, uses gestures and tablet.
- Dialog about recipes and ingredients: (Klára Petrovičová)